Philips Norelco HQ9 SpeedXL Replacement Heads

|

fat loss factor review


Philips Norelco HQ9 SpeedXL Replacement Heads Review. SpeedXL Replacement Heads for all Norelco SpeedXL and SmartTouchXL Shaving Systems. SpeedXl provides 50% more shaving surface for a faster, smoother and closer shave....

 "A good shave regained...however, one concern" 2007-11-30
By R. Nicholson

This product contains three replacement heads for the Norelco 9160XL electric razor. After 1 1/2 years of continuous daily usage the original cutting heads were no longer giving a good shave. I decided to replace the original blades with this set.



The good:



1.)Easy to following instruction for replacement on the package, and the actual replacement process was incredibly simple and easy to do.



2.)The new blades functioned perfectly; because the decline in performance of the original blades was so gradual, it was difficult to believe how much of an improvement these replacement blades provided.



The not so good:



Only one complaint; the packaging. The replacement blade were embodied in a package that made it extremely difficult to actually get at the blades. There were a series of 6 grommet eyelets surrounding the entire package making it very secure. I literally had to force scissors between the layers of cardboard to get around the grommets to eventually get to the blades inside. In a word...frustrating. Plus, a slight slip and a bad cut may have occurred (I think everyone has experienced trying to open one of these newer hard-plastic wrapped items and knows just how difficult it can really be to get at the product inside).



Conclusion:

An excellent set of replacement blades. (I just hope they'll last longer than the 3 months it took for the original blades to start to lose their sharpness). Time will tell; but up to now, so far so good.

However, getting the blades out of this package could be considered a potential hazard.

5 Stars for the product itself, with 1 or 2 Stars off for the needless obstructive packaging.



Addendum Feb 24/08:

Interesting to note that they've changed the packaging on this product (since my original review) making it appear that it's less hazardous to access. However, as I haven't purchase this specific product package, I can't comment on the ease of access (or safety) of the new packaging.



R.Nicholson

 "Should have ordered sooner" 2008-02-16
By M. Jeffrey

Amazing what a difference new shaving heads make. I hadn't noticed the gradual degradation in ease of shaving, and thought the problem was with the humidity. Got the new blades and my shaving time was cut by two thirds. Applied the cost savings over getting it in a store to overnight shipping.

 "Like a new shaver!" 2009-05-28
By Figmaglee

Philips Norelco HQ9 SpeedXL Replacement Heads

I've been using Norelco rotary electric shavers all my life and this is the first time I've ever purchased replacement heads. What a surprise to find out it's just like getting a brand new shaver! My old Norelco was not performing as well as it used to and I wondered if it was time to upgrade to something "better" - whatever that might be. I decided just to save some bucks and try replacing the heads (just like they advise). Suddenly, all the little complaints I had about the performance of my old Norelco disappeared. I had a new shaver with the top notch performance I used to get. Try replacing the heads before you fork out big bucks for all the fancy, non-esssential "features" they now build into high priced electric shavers.

 "Great replacements, but an annual change may not be unecessary." 2010-07-15
By John (PHOENIX, AZ USA)

Norelco says to replace heads once a year. After owning several Norelco razors, including this one, my experience has shown that they are really good for about 2 years before you'll note a degradation in the quality of the shave.



The instructions they provide consist of a couple of pictures on the package. However, these are very easy to replace. Just remember to orient the blade correctly when you drop them in. There are two little tabs on each blade that have to be oriented right. If the blade doesn't seem to sit correctly, turn them until they drop down.



When you get a new Norelco razor or replace the blades on your current one you may not get the best shave for a week or two. It takes a while for the blades to "break-in. " As such, don't be disappointed if the first few shave with new blades do not seem as close and smooth as you expected. Give them a couple of weeks, they will improve.



 "Great...just don;t last long enough" 2007-01-11
By Scott Anderson

I've had Norelco shavers in the past that would give you 2 years between cutter changes, but I only got one year out of the original set. Having said that, as soon as I plopped these babies in, it was immediately back to the silky, blade like shave I experienced when I first bought the razor. I love the shaver, and the baldes are great!


fat loss factor review