Prilosec OTC Acid Reducer, Delayed-Release Tablets - 42 ea

|

fat loss factor review


Prilosec OTC Acid Reducer, Delayed-Release Tablets - 42 ea Review.

 "If you have acid reflux, you should try this." 2003-12-21
By Jim Turner (San Diego, CA USA)

This is one of the top money-making drugs of all time, and for good reason. It works. I used to have pretty bad acid reflux. I would chew Pepcid Complete (which is an antacid drug combined with a base to neutralize acid) after every meal, as if they were after-dinner mints. Now, I just take Prilosec once a day, and now I almost never suffer from heartburn, and when I do, it is not as bad as it used to be. Trust me on this. This drug works differently than Pepcid or Zantac (I have a Ph.D in biology), so if those drugs don't work for you, don't be afraid to give this a try.

 "Prilosec (Omeprazole) Works - Period!" 2005-10-07
By James Koenig (Minnesota)

For those that suffer with frequent heartburn or have frequent instances of gastric reflux, Prilosec is a literal lifesaver.



Stomach acid is strong stuff (pH of 1), and belongs in the stomach, not in the esophagus, where it can cause burning of the esophageal lining (hertburn). If this happens frequently, the esophagus can be badly damaged. Gastro-esophageal Reflex Disease (GERD)can also cause severe erosive damage to the teeth if stomach acid is burped into the mouth frequently. The tooth enamel is literally eroded away, and teeth become very sensitive and permanently damaged.



To save your teeth and esophagus, Prilosec has come to the rescue. Prilosec is a former prescription product in a class of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. This means that the effect of Prilosec is to decrease stomach acid production. This is also beneficial for treatment of stomach ulcers, which need a minimal acid environment to heal.



Prilosec is taken once a day for 14 days in a typical course (thus, it is generally packaged in groups of 14 tablets). Most people have considerable relief beyond the 14 day course. It is not a product to take for immediate (within minutes) treatment of heartburn. The insert on the box states it takes at least a day to 4 days to reach its full effect. Each person will vary in terms of relief and how long the relief lasts.



Prilosec is a very good medicine for the treatment of GERD. It is in the same class as Prevacid, so if Prilosec gives you undesirable side effects, try Prevacid and the side effects may be lessened.



Jim "Konedog" Koenig, Dentist

 "A Lifesaver!" 2005-06-24
By Scott Pointon (Crest Hill, IL United States)

As my acid reflux worsened over the years, I made the usual progression from antacid tablets, to Pepcid AC, and eventually to prescription medications like Prevacid and Nexium. Prevacid works great but it still requires a prescription and Nexium caused side effects in me. Once Prilosec was offered over the counter I gave it a try and was very impressed. After a week or two of taking it every day, I was able to decrease the dosage to the point where I only take it as needed now. Once I feel heartburn starting, or I eat something guaranteed to give me heartburn, I just take one of these and its gone in about 30 minutes...and when I say gone I mean gone for 10-12 hours.



I highly recommend this product to anyone who suffers acid reflux or chronic heartburn.



 "The only thing that works for me!" 2006-12-21
By Modern Blue Argonaut

I have been a Prilosec user for about four years now. In the past, I would do the 2 week recommended period, then stop for a couple of weeks, and continue that cycle. My acid reflux never got any better except on the days I took the Prilosec. The day I would stop it would be right back. Finally, I found out that most people take it as a maintenace medication, so I started taking it once a day without fail and my acid reflux was finally gone forever! I used to wake up all night long with severe esophageal pain, sometimes vomiting right in bed from all the acid. It was such a nightmare. I would end up taking a half bottle of tums which still wouldn't work, and sleep sitting up. I tried every over the counter medication out there with no relief at all until Prilosec. It truly is a miracle drug. For those of you out there with acid reflux, don't suffer any longer! Try this and give it about 3 days to start working, and you will be able to turn your sleep and your life around. Amazon often has specials such as spend $49 on groceries (this qualifies) and get $10 off your order. By all means, double up on Prilosec and do this.... I am now 2 years acid reflux free! It's not so bad, if I miss a day now, I don't suffer at all.

 "The best treatment for major heartburn :-)" 2006-07-23
By Little Miss Cutey (Melbourne, Australia)

I use this in Australia under the name Losec. It's only available by prescription. However, one day while in the States, I needed a second pill (I usually take only one a day) and they were back in the room. I went to Ralphs and picked this up. It's identical and therefore works just as amazingly. If you really suffer from true heartburn and GERD, try over the counter medications first, and then if unsuccessful, see your physician and see what they have to say. This medication is a true lifesaver. I can't describe what the pain can be like if that acid begins to rise into your upper chest and throat. It kills, but this tames it and I cannot litterally live a comfortable life without it. Only take one a day (although admittedly depending on something you ate or whatever, you may need a second one later in the day). This is the best stuff around.


fat loss factor review