Philips Norelco 7310 Men's Shaving System

|

fat loss factor review


Philips Norelco 7310 Men's Shaving System Review.

 "Best Yet" 2009-07-07
By Richard L. Pohl (Omaha, NE)

I bought this razor to replace a 6 month old Architec. The architec was one of the poorest performing razors I have ever owned in over 40 years. So I bought this razor with very low expectations.

I was totally amazed by the 7310. It is so quiet the bathroom fan almost drowns it out, but the cut is AMAZING. I have had seven Norelco shavers so when I tried this unit, I couldn't believe it. I can shave in 30 seconds instead of the 7 minutes for the Architec. It is close, comfortable, no heavy pressing to get a close cut, and best of all is the price. The whole new shaver was cheaper than buying just the replacement head for the Architec. And the 7310 is EASY to clean. Flip the head, flush under running water for a few seconds, and let it dry. No static whisker cling like the Architec. I'd give it six stars if I could.

Thanks, Norelco

 "Excellent low cost shaver" 2009-04-27
By R. K. Lam (Fullerton, CA USA)

After having this for 6 months and it being my first electric shaver, I am thoroughly impressed by it. I use to be a manual razor using Mach 3's and Quattro's but after trying this, its pretty much all I use daily unless I need a really close shave.



It feels like quality despite the price! Very solid and sturdy.

 "Great Product!" 2009-06-30
By J. Vargas

I am actually a barber and i need to buy one of these a little more often than the average person that uses it for personal use. I only stay with the NORELCO brand tho. I like their products and they always last. This one from the gate gives a really smooth shave. I have been using it for 2 months straight, 5 days a week on people and the blades are still sharp. If it lasts me a year or two for my job, then it can last like up to 5 years for personal use. Definitely a good buy!

 "Excellent Shaver, Great Price, Bit Ugly" 2009-11-29
By 21st Century Hermit (Colorado)

Pros:

Very close and comfortable shave

Excellent sideburn trimmer

Good battery life

Charge completed flashing LED's

Price is right if . . .



Cons:

No battery status indication, none expected

Tacky colors



I've been shaving for over forty years, mostly electric and mostly Norelco. For 3-months I had a Remington R450, see my review, huge dissapointment. Every couple of years Norelco tries to come up with a new gimmick to get us to purchase the latest and greatest. Thing is that Norelco got it right 30-years ago. The cutters and combs in the 7310 are the essence of that technology and if you can spin the cutters you'll have a close shave. All the other Whistles & Bells are just fluff.



Norelco claims 10 days of cordless shaving on a 8-hour charge. The charge full indicator started flashing at 2-hours, done. I went 9-days and wondered how much longer, on the tenth day the motor started slowing down and it quit halfway through the eleventh day. By stretching the battery after the first charge/discharge I was able to get 12-days, well actually 11.9-days, could have used another minute of shaving. I stretch a NiCd by running the battery dead with the cutters flipped open for the lowest motor load. Pretty impressive for a single AA NiCd battery.



People claim this is a good/great budget shaver. Nonsense, this is a excellent cordless shaver that can be had at a budget price. I got mine from the big W for thirty-one to my PO Box. It came in the full retail blister pack. By the time I got it to my house, 8500-feet, I thought it was going to explode. I saw at least two retailers have it for a bit less on Black Friday. Makes you wonder what the models that cost 4-5 times as much have to offer?



So why is it ugly? Well of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this old eye doesn't do black and white on a shaver, all black . . sure, all white . . probably not, all silver like my deceased 7865XL's . . YES!!! I still gave the 7310 5-stars, I don't see the colors while shaving. BTW, I do like the white power switch.



If you look at the photos I posted, you'll see that the 7310 consists of a small waterproof power module encased in four cosmetic shells. It's these shells that allow Norelco to play the silly color games at no additional cost. The sides even have rubber bonded to the shell. Turns out I shave with my thumb between the power switch and head and my fingers over the trimmer, so I don't even feel the "slip proof" rubber. Where are your fingers?



So if the feature set meets your needs, don't hesitate to get the 7310, it will deliver a comfortable close shave. As to the colors, only you can decide.

 "Simple to Use and Shaves Great" 2009-09-03
By R. Kolin (Virginia Beach, VA USA)

I've been using this razor daily for about a month now. The first thing you will notice is how quiet it is, followed by the great shave it provides and finally how easy it is to clean up by just running it under hot water. While charging takes about 8 hours, it stays charged for a long, long time. Since the initial charge, I've only had to charge it twice. I was using a Braun Series 1 1-150 razor (see my review) and liked it. But I found that over time, it did not shave very well under my chin and on my neck, and it took a lot of time to fully do the job correctly. Not so with the Norelco! As with all electric razors, I recommend that you use a pre-electric shave lotion (I like Afta Pre-Shave) to make the shave easier and cause less razor burn.


fat loss factor review