Philips Norelco T980 Turbo Vacuum Trimmer

|

fat loss factor review


Philips Norelco T980 Turbo Vacuum Trimmer Review.

 "the T980 does not disappoint..." 2008-12-08
By Stephen Montagna (Madison, WI)

Watch Video Here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R200U4HZR5AEEV I only review products that I use, enjoy, and want to advocate for; the T980 is one of these. It's got a great design, from the curve of the device body, to the ease and access of the On/Off controls, and swap-able blade heads. Its height-adjustable, spring-loaded trimmer guide is the best yet.

 "A spectacular product my any measure!!!" 2007-02-03
By Patrick D. Goonan (Pleasanton, CA)

After a lot of comparison shopping and using various products over the last ten years, I finally decided to purchase the Norelco T980. I am delighted with my purchase and it exceeded my expectations in every way.



This unit is light, easy to operate, rechargeable and has precision blades that cut evenly. The extra attachment for fine detail works well and I don't get cut using it. The vacuum attachment works well even when it's not on Turbo and I personally think it's very quiet. It's unrealistic to think a mechanical device in this price range won't make any noise at all. If that's your expectation, you might want to use scissors. However, this product gets the job done much quicker and the sound is not annoying and unlikely to wake up someone else on the normal setting.



The flexible blade housing pivots smoothly and covered the contours of my face very well with an even cut at several different lengths. While it's difficult to get close to the nose because of the larger size of this unit, I don't see that as a big deal because with the smaller precision tool you can do this quite easily with a mustache comb if you are not much for completely manual operations. This little bit of extra work probably took me under 30 seconds.



Overall, the design of this unit is well thought out and it is quite attractive. The holding space for clippings is pretty big and unless you have a thick beard, you probably won't have to change it until after several uses. The battery also lasts about 30 minutes on Turbo and you can use the plug-in adapter after that if it runs out.



I don't see any drawbacks at all with this product. I'm completely delighted with my purchase and the value that I received for my investment.

 "Philips Norelco T980 Turbo Vacuum Beard and Moustache Trimmer" 2007-01-25
By Brian (Kansas City)

I wonder if all these reviews are pertaining to this particular model, some reviews dont sound like my unit. I find no real problem with mine. Nothing is perfect. It is a bit bigger than my old small Wahl, but it has more features that require that. The vacumn works great, which alone makes my purchase of it worthwhile to me; in the past the sink always had a lot of nasty looking hairs all over it. Ive never had mine switch length setting on me, as some people describe, I dont see how it could. I think the adjustable length feature is really great, it accomodates about 'any' length beard, and eliminates all the extra little clip-on guides you have to keep track of. I gave up on trying to take the top off but it doesnt matter as there really is no need. I find no problem with excess noise, or with the turbo setting. Im very happy with mine. Also, this amazon price of $39.95 is $20 less than on the Norelco website, plus you get free shipping.

 "Very Pleased" 2007-01-25
By J-Hog (San Francisco, CA)


I also wonder if some of the negative reviews are for this particular model (Philips Norelco T980 for $39.99 @ Amazon).



-Does not feel cheap at all.



-Settings click into place. They will change if you push it to the point where you think you would break it if you pushed any harder. I dont see why anyone would need to push it that hard. I had to test it after reading some of the reviews.



-Turbo does not seem too loud at all.



-Vacuum works very well.

 "Awesome Trimmer" 2008-11-16
By K. Bates (Highland Park, IL, USA)

I was a little concerned after reading a few of the negative reviews. Nonetheless, I decided to go with this trimmer, it had a lot more positive reviews than negative and it was the most expensive trimmer on amazon at the time and I was looking for a high quality trimmer.



After a few uses I quickly realized why some of the negative reviews said the trimmer didn't trim. I recall one guy saying he was pressing super hard but it didn't trim any hair. So here's the scoop, the plastic guard/head if improperly seated on the top of the trimmer stands 1/2 - 1 inch higher than it should. Thus on virtually any setting, the trimmer part isn't touching your face. This is not a big deal, properly seating the guard on the device is pretty simple.



For me the battery on the trimmer has lasted about 25-35 trims of the my full beard. I don't use the turbo vacuum feature as I heard that it runs the batteries out quicker and it doesn't seem like it's needed anyway. I keep my beard pretty short and the vacuum under normal power does the job.



The device has 10 length settings and an extra trimming pieces to do clean-up type work. It doesn't make that much noise (when the turbo button is not on) and it is a very light device. I think the overall size of the device is "just right". It's feels comfortable using it and it's not overly large which would make for awkward use.



The only suggestion I'd have for Norelco is to beef up the friction on the length adjuster. While using the device a few times the length setting moved to a lower setting unintentionally.



All in all I am extremely satisfied with this trimmer. For not a lot of $ I feel like I bought the best trimmer that was available on the market.


fat loss factor review